- There will be one (1) grand-prize award issued for a total value of $1000 to the author whose story MindfullyYou believes is the most impactful. Their story will also be included in a currently untitled mental health anthology;
- Stories we deem to be unique, are well-written, and provides others with a clear understanding of ones' mental health struggles as a post-secondary student will be included in a currently untitled mental health anthology.
- This contest is open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, or international students (with proof of a valid student visa);
- Writers must be 18 years of age or older;
- Currently enrolled, or previously enrolled in the past 3 years, at a Canadian post-secondary institution, including a Canadian university, college, trade school or career-college;
- Applicants will be considered if they attend school on a part-time or full-time basis;
- Stories should be between 1500-2500 words in length. Shorter or longer stories may be considered, depending on the quality of writing. Efforts should be made however to stay within the recommended word count
- Poems are also welcome, and can be submitted without the need for meeting the word count;
- The "Request for Permission" form must be completed to be considered for the contest and anthology. A signed and scanned copy can be submitted for initial consideration, but a hard-copy, inked signed agreement must be received by mail no later than December 15, 2017 to be considered a winner of the cash prize and/ or have your story published;
- We require the name, address, email address, phone number, and school/ institution from an applicant to be considered for the contest. These details will only be used to contact you if you are a winner, and to provide updates about the release of the anthology should you want to be informed. Only your first name and province will be included in publications and winner announcement if you wish it;
- The contest has a firm submission deadline of November 30, 2017. Winners will be contacted approximately 1 month after the close of the contest, once all stories have been reviewed.
- We thank all applicants for their fearlessness and courage to submit their stories, but sadly cannot include every submission in our publication.